When a Leak is Occurring on Your Property
Now that we are getting closer to warmer weather, it’s time to take advantage and take care of your home. With the weather constantly in rapid flux, your home is at risk for a lot of issues, namely leaking pipes. A leaking pipe can have massive consequences when left unchecked for a long period of time. Don’t wait too long to speak with someone about inspecting your home plumbing. Contact Hutch & Sons Plumbing today at (909) 695-0783 for leaking pipe services in Fontana, CA.
What Causes Leaking Pipes?
There are several reasons behind a leaking pipe. It’s important to turn off the water supply the moment you notice a leak. If the leaking pipe in a wall is accessible, there are temporary restraints you can put in place to prevent further damage. But in order to ensure the pipes are completely repaired, contact a reliable plumber, like anyone from the Hutch & Sons Plumbing team. We can search for any of the reasons that would cause a leak, including:
- Corrosion: Hard water, mineral rich water, can eat away at the interior of your plumbing, causing your pipes to wear down and corrode. When this happens, your pipes can easily clog, break, and leak.
- Water Pressure Changes: Water pressure that is too high can cause pipes to burst and rupture. If there are clogs, the water pressure can vary, causing already misaligned pipes to lessen, becoming leaking pipe fittings.
- Ground Shifts: Overtime, the ground around your home can either shift naturally or with the help of things like an earthquake. These movements can cause pipes to move, jostle, and even separate which can lead to leaks or ruptures.
- Clogs: By far one of the most common causes of leaks, clogs can be the result of a multitude of things. Grease, dirt, sediment, and hair can get caught in the pipes, changing the pressure of water flow through the pipes.
Once a leak is found, we can and will make the necessary repairs. This is why it is important to turn off the water as soon as you find a leak. Failure to do so can lead to several problems, the most costly being the need for whole house repiping. Whether you need complete repiping or just a leaking pipe repair in Fontana, CA, contact Hutch & Sons Plumbing for assistance.
Unchecked leaks can lead to a variety of problems. One of the most common and prevalent problems being mold. Mold affects your entire home, from the water to the air. When you are dealing with a leak, do not hesitate to also schedule an indoor air quality test to make sure your home is safe. Aside from mold, there are other problematic outcomes with an unrepaired leak.
- Poor water quality
- Mold/mildew invasion
- Warped walls
- Water staining
- Damaged property
At the end of the day, the best thing you can do for your home is to schedule an inspection. Even if there isn’t a leak, there could still be something else wrong with your plumbing. A leaking pipe cost can be more than a few hundred dollars in repairs. Hire a professional to do a thorough examination of your home and plumbing to determine what is going on.
Leaking Pipe vs Burst Pipe
There is really little difference between a leaking pipe and a burst pipe. While a burst pipe can sound more serious than a leak, they are both equally serious and damaging.
Typically a burst pipe produces the image of a gaping hole in a pipe with water gushing out. While that can happen, often times, a burst pipe is often the result of water freezing and expanding at the joints, causing misalignment and eventual leaking. A burst pipe can also be the result of tree roots infiltrating the trench and physically causing the pipe to burst.
Whereas a leaking pipe can still be the result of freezing water, leaks as we have discussed, are caused by numerous outside factors. The fastest and easiest way to check if you have a burst or leaking pipe, is to check the water meter in your home. On the meter, there is a gauge that will indicate a drop or increase in water pressure and a possible resulting leak. Should you notice a leak occurring in your home, call the reputable plumbers at Hutch & Sons Plumbing, (909) 695-0783, immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do you temporarily stop a leaking pipe?
- There are several ways to temporarily stop a leaking pipe. Always start by turning off the water supply. Then you can use things like plumbers epoxy, a repair clamp, and even duct tape to stave off a leak until a reliable plumber can come to make a permanent and effective repair.
- How much does it cost for a plumber to fix a leak?
- It depends on the extent of any damage as well as if the plumbing company in question charges an hourly service charge. Most clients should expect to pay between $175 and $450 for a pipe leak repair.
- How do you stop a leaking pipe?
- The most immediate way to stop a leak is to turn off the water supply. After that, contacting a plumber, like someone from Hutch & Sons Plumbing, to inspect your pipes for damages and make repairs. It’s also important to determine what caused the leak, so you can make changes to prevent leaks in the future.
- Can clogged pipe cause leak?
- Yes, clogs can restrict the flow of water affecting the water pressure flowing through the pipes which can affect the condition of the pipes.
Contact Us Today for Leaking Pipe Services
Dealing with a leaking pipe can be inconvenient and frustrating. That is why you want to be sure you’re working with a reliable company like Hutch & Sons Plumbing. When you need a leaking pipe fixed in Fontana, CA or the surrounding areas, give us a call. We can efficiently repair a pipe and get your home back to working order. Call us today, (909) 695-0783, to schedule an appointment.